It has been a busy time since just before Halloween, and continues on now, but I was able to get Episode One of my horror series Night Dreams, done. E1-The Beginning, takes Dr. Joseph Rickettes back in time to when he discovered his gift, and how it changed his life forever. The novella finished at just shy of 25,000 words.
After I was satisfied with the story, and after three drafts and editing, the formatting began for all of the various retailers, I was able to get the eBook in Amazon’s Kindle store by my self-imposed deadline of Halloween. Barnes & Noble’s Nook soon followed, with all of the other e-reading platforms soon to follow.
This was my first attempt at using Scrivener for the writing. With it being new to me, I made the most of it by using all of the needed functions to get the story done. There is a lot more to discover with the program, but I plan to continue using it alongside Microsoft Word for my future works. The conversion to mobi, epub, pdf…etc worked well for me, and as I get to know Scrivener more, I’m sure I will find more of the helpful features it has.
In all, the Night Dreams project was fun, and I find that setting those deadlines helps to keep you moving along in those times when you may not feel the writing-vibe hitting you. Episode Two – Andrea’s Demons, coming soon.
Hope your writing and reading are going well.